THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

GRND - Grindr stock. Yes it IPO’d.

These 'info tech' IPOs are often wildly risky and timing is everything.  It opened at $16.50 last Friday and shot up to $71 before closing at $36.50 on it's first day of trading.  

Since then it's run down hill fast and as mentioned, closed today under $10.  

They boast 11 million active users worldwide, had $90 million in revenue first half of 2022 and spend only 1% of revenue on marketing.  It's crazy that this company is valued at $1.68 Billion. 

Whether it's a buy at $9-$10 is anyone's guess.  

Edited by Bucky

I'm intrigued as these IPOs shake out during their first few weeks of trading. 

Today the GRND price dropped below $6.  There clearly isn't the confidence in this arena that was projected when it went public on Nov.18 at $16.50 

But at $6 it could also be one of those great "double or triple your money fast" buys if one is willing to take some risk.   

Did it IPO or was it a reverse acquisition of a smaller company already public?   If the latter, that tends to create confusion in valuation.   The P/E is staggering and I suspect that after a lockout period, some institutions are dumping…but that’s a presumption until 13D filings in Q1

7 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

For anything to be worthwhile for investors, it needs to expand and to increase profit.

I'm guessing that Grindr has already spread as far as it's going and considering it doesn't take may people to run the thing...I don't forsee any increased efficiency in their future.

I’d add nuance to that.  Growth and increasing profit are necessary to support high valuations.  But a boring cash cow Benjamin Graham kind of company can provide a very consistent return

• 2 weeks later...