THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Very cute man promotes Cambodia

Unicorn

certainly no expert, but, for those planning a trip, I can offer a few hints......yes, the country is very inexpensive........a travel partner and I stayed in Phnom Penh at a small average decent place (we do not need to stay at the best place in town) in a great location for about $40/night including breakfast......saw the popular Khmer Rouge torture chamber and walked the riverside (didn't have time for the "killing fields").....using Google Flights, I'd found a remarkably cheap morning flight (prop!) from PP to Siem Reap.......using suggested intel from guide books, we just walked out of the SR airport and asked a group of cabbies if one was available to be a driver and guide for Angkor Wat for the remainder of the day.....within five minutes, all was arranged for an embarrassingly low charge.....the driver/guide helped us with the admission process, had another guy he knew walk us around at one point, had us walk through one area and met us at the other end, etc.....then drove us to our hotel, also very good and inexpensive......later that evening, travel partner and I went to the party area of town (yes, a reverent place like Angkor Wat/Siem Reap has a party district) and chatted up a couple other Americans at a bar who offered us hardcore drugs.....and a young local woman with a baby in tow also chatted us up there and we quickly realized she wanted to do some business........

Edited by azdr0710

• 3 weeks later...

Siem Reap - was there for about 2 weeks on a Laos/Cambodia/Myanmar trip a few years back.  Great town - easy to get around with taxis; depending on where your hotel is - walkable; food is cheap but you can eat well and avoid the touristy places.   https://www.cuisinewatdamnak.com/siem-reap/ really great restaurant and not expensive for the meal you get (ate there twice on the trip).   The entertainment the guy had in his video was the Phare Circus  - https://pharecircus.org  recommend it as well.  My friend and I went on spur of the moment and got front row seats (section A on their grid) (not expensive).  The guys are up close, nice to look at and very talented/entertaining.  The "show" changes so not sure what story they are presenting currently.  And if you want affordable massages - there is a section of establishments downtown you can view the masseurs who are available.  If you want to do the "sun-rise" view at Angkor Wat temple - go very early.  If you are into photography - there will be wall to wall people and about 10+ people deep lining the water's edge looking at the temple (at least it was in 2017). If you like to cook - authentic cambodian (kampot)  peppercorns  (red and black) can be purchased in the supermarkets (cheaper than the tourist souvenir shop).  Have a great trip. 

• 4 weeks later...

I visited both PP and SR a few years ago.  Both are amazing cities, the food is incredible, the markets great places to shop - and the gay scene is great. 

Awesome places to stay and great massages are avail. with happy endings 

I stayed at Mens in SR they have great tour guides and tuk tuk drivers 

Highly recommend a visit