THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

foregoing a booking after agreed SMS details

arnemgreeves

On 11/1/2022 at 1:32 PM, arnemgreeves said:

If a provider, after arranging a proper time to meet, gives you shitty directions that makes you late, 

Bad directions, or poor navigation skills?  Most people consider my place very easy to find, others call and text from streets blocks away saying "I can't find you".  

Edited by Rod Hagen

7 hours ago, Rod Hagen said:

Bad directions, or poor navigation skills?  Most people consider my place very easy to find, others call and text from streets blocks away saying "I can't find you".  

There’s no excuse for “I can’t find you”. The details I provide clients for my location have been honed to be almost perfect. There can be very little ambiguity or confusion. Especially if they have a smartphone with maps on it, or What3Words.

Yet I’ve had calls from guys who are lost and I’m trying to understand where they are from their description of the surroundings. How can anyone get lost these days with geo positioning on their phone?? 

On 11/7/2022 at 5:06 PM, Rod Hagen said:

It depends. Not everybody has equally good communication skills. Maybe you give very plain directions and not everybody is the same. Saying “turn right into Gordon st. Then left into William st and it’s number 55 on that road” is fair enough.

On 11/8/2022 at 12:55 AM, Jamie21 said:

There’s no excuse for “I can’t find you”. The details I provide clients for my location have been honed to be almost perfect. There can be very little ambiguity or confusion. Especially if they have a smartphone with maps on it, or What3Words.

Yet I’ve had calls from guys who are lost and I’m trying to understand where they are from their description of the surroundings. How can anyone get lost these days with geo positioning on their phone?? 

Not everybody is that thorough. Like efficient people give a postcode and address. Or will give a postcode and then ask people to call once they get to the postcode. 

2 hours ago, arnemgreeves said:

Not everybody is that thorough. Like efficient people give a postcode and address. Or will give a postcode and then ask people to call once they get to the postcode. 

Yes, that happens. I prefer to give full address because it feels a bit sketchy to give only postcode until the last minute when the client is in the area. Even then some people struggle to find it. 

1 hour ago, Jamie21 said:

Yes, that happens. I prefer to give full address because it feels a bit sketchy to give only postcode until the last minute when the client is in the area. Even then some people struggle to find it. 

I’ve had never had a problem with that method tbh. It’s not hard to figure out from a phone where to find the place. 

Of course, we'd be annoyed if we can't meet the provider, but I've had some amusing moments as well.

Once, a (former) regular went silent at our meeting time. Shortly after, he texted that he couldn't make a meeting until much later that day (he had a history of being late).

I asked him why, and he said his sister just gave birth and he had to drive her to the hospital.

I replied that if his sister just gave birth, he should stay with her and his family, and definitely shouldn't waste a day like this meeting a client....