THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Vienna, Austria - rarely disappoints

coriolis888

10 hours ago, MscleLovr said:

Very comprehensive reply - thank you!

Vienna certainly has some of the lowest prices for casual sex in Europe.

Yes, prices here are cheap but awkward for finding a place for getting together with a hustler.

Alternatively, if you visit Zurich's Paragonya sauna, it is cheaper, easier and safer.

In Zurich, the guys charge 100 euros but you have the safety of the sauna and you have included, a private area to meet with the hustler.

Vienna is a great city for many things including easy hustlers.  However, Zurich is cheaper and less cumbersome with language issues and finding a safe place to get together with hustlers.

https://gay--szene-net.translate.goog/paragonya-wellness-club-in-zuerich/3637/eintrag.html?_x_tr_sl=de&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

EDIT:

I just read the reviews posted at the above site.  Many of the reviews are ridiculous. 

Most of the reviews are written by those who went to Paragonya and then complained that Paragonya is a hustler sauna. 

Those reviews are silly because, every gay news outlet, around the world, knows that Paragonya is a well known gay hustler sauna and post as such.  

I have been to that sauna many times.  Yes, it is a gay hustler sauna.  Yes, it is fun and it is safe.  Most of the young guys there are hustlers.  So what! 

Those that complained that they did not get free sex should reevaluate their expectations when going to a well-known hustler sauna.

By the way, the sauna is super clean, despite some of the nonsensical reviews posted.

Edited by coriolis888
Comments about reviews

On 10/8/2022 at 1:27 PM, coriolis888 said:

Last night I went to Rudiger"s.

The facility was closed as stated in the internet site for the place.

Today, a new notice appears on the Rudiger web site saying that the main bartender of Rudiger and some of the other Rudiger Cafe employees now work at a different nearby gay restaurant called Alte Lampe.   

The email address and phone number for Alte Lampe are shown on the Rudiger web site.

I tried calling but the phone does not answer - it is a cell phone number.

I sent an e-mail to Alte Lampe asking about the new facility and asked whether the new facility will have similar entertainment that was found at Rudiger Cafe. 

So far, my e-mail has not had a response.

One bizarre thing about the new facility (Alte Lampe) is their reviews on their site.  Some reviews say the facility has hustlers but that the hustlers are too aggressive.  Other reviews describe events then call the place Rudiger's.

I might go out to the replacement facility but not until I get either a response to my e-mail or get someone to answer the cell phone listed for Alte Lampe.

On the bright side, the hustlers in the Stadt Park this afternoon were plentiful and charming. 

http://cafealtelampe.at/

cafealtelampe@gmx.at Cafe Rüdlosence the end of July 2022

The ALTrestaurant opens on Sept. 1, 2022 in the

OLD LAMP “ZENTAGASSE 30 – 1050 Vienna” for the Viennese gay community.

The waiter Vasili and his team are looking forwarcal ALTE LAMPE opening hours: Tue – Thu 7 p.m. – 12 a.m

Zentagasse 30 Fri & Sat 7 p.m. – 1 a.m

1050 Vienna Sun & Mon day off.

Mobile: 0650 3063160

Well, well, well.  After one week of my sending Alte Lampe an e-mail inquiring about the replacement site from Rudiger's to Alte Lampe, I finally got an answer. 

Below is the response translated to English:

"

AATWAftjGtD8oqvHGr7oZA-RpeoWhy8SitlS3rBy25bL2BoJIIf6LV-Rr4G3X7DIYTlK=s40-p

Peter Lenz

Fri, Oct 14, 9:21 PM (3 hours ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
To: - - - - - - 
German

English

Translate message
Turn off for: German

"Hallo USA Guy.
We are the same owners and we have the same people in the new place Old Lamp in Zentagasse 30, 1050 Wien.

We have open from Tuesday - Thursday from 19 - 00 o clock
Fr and Saturday from 19 - 1 o clock

Sunday and Monday is day off!

So if you come, you will enjoy it. Its awesome. Philipp Owner;

Gesendet: Samstag, 08. Oktober 2022 um 21:57 Uhr
Von: "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
An: cafealtelampe@gmx.at
Betreff: Cafe Rudiger"

Considering that Rudiger's was often a fun place during the past couple of years, and, if we can rely on the accuracy of the e-mail that took one week for an answer, I think it will be worth a chance to give the new replacement facility a try. 

As I said in other posts, meeting guys here is easy, in fact, too easy.  Some guys are a bit of a pest but will go away if you say "no" more than once. 

The hustler rate in the back of the bar Rudiger used to be between forty and fifty euros.  I do not know if the rates changed for the new location and I do not know if the new location has an on-site play area room.

The old place had a back room with a play area and a place to exchange money with the on site hustlers.

I do not know if there is an "on site" place to get together with the hustler.  

Remember, there is a language issue.  However, if you are there solely to meet a hustler, does it matter if you can have a conversation?

Again, there are many "hourly" hotels in that area of Vienna just for people to meet for a short time get together.  The hustlers will know where the hourly hotels are.  

On the good side, if you meet a hustler who is compatible with you, and you trust the hustler, you could have the hustler visit your hotel room assuming you feel comfortable about the guy.

So, now we know a bit more than we did about the reason Rudiger's went out of business and why Alte Lampe seems to be the successor.  

Edited by coriolis888

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2022 at 12:52 AM, coriolis888 said:

Well, well, well.  After one week of my sending Alte Lampe an e-mail inquiring about the replacement site from Rudiger's to Alte Lampe, I finally got an answer. 

Below is the response translated to English:

"

AATWAftjGtD8oqvHGr7oZA-RpeoWhy8SitlS3rBy25bL2BoJIIf6LV-Rr4G3X7DIYTlK=s40-p

Peter Lenz

Fri, Oct 14, 9:21 PM (3 hours ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
To: - - - - - - 
German

English

Translate message
Turn off for: German

"Hallo USA Guy.
We are the same owners and we have the same people in the new place Old Lamp in Zentagasse 30, 1050 Wien.

We have open from Tuesday - Thursday from 19 - 00 o clock
Fr and Saturday from 19 - 1 o clock

Sunday and Monday is day off!

So if you come, you will enjoy it. Its awesome. Philipp Owner;

Gesendet: Samstag, 08. Oktober 2022 um 21:57 Uhr
Von: "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
An: cafealtelampe@gmx.at
Betreff: Cafe Rudiger"

Considering that Rudiger's was often a fun place during the past couple of years, and, if we can rely on the accuracy of the e-mail that took one week for an answer, I think it will be worth a chance to give the new replacement facility a try. 

As I said in other posts, meeting guys here is easy, in fact, too easy.  Some guys are a bit of a pest but will go away if you say "no" more than once. 

The hustler rate in the back of the bar Rudiger used to be between forty and fifty euros.  I do not know if the rates changed for the new location and I do not know if the new location has an on-site play area room.

The old place had a back room with a play area and a place to exchange money with the on site hustlers.

I do not know if there is an "on site" place to get together with the hustler.  

Remember, there is a language issue.  However, if you are there solely to meet a hustler, does it matter if you can have a conversation?

Again, there are many "hourly" hotels in that area of Vienna just for people to meet for a short time get together.  The hustlers will know where the hourly hotels are.  

On the good side, if you meet a hustler who is compatible with you, and you trust the hustler, you could have the hustler visit your hotel room assuming you feel comfortable about the guy.

So, now we know a bit more than we did about the reason Rudiger's went out of business and why Alte Lampe seems to be the successor.  

So, @coriolis888, did you ever make it to Cafe Alte Lampe?

47 minutes ago, Vegas_nw1982 said:

So, @coriolis888, did you ever make it to Cafe Alte Lampe?

Yes, I did. 

I was somewhat disappointed at the new facility and its location because I was accustomed to the former facility, Cafe Rudiger.   

While it is true the same employees work at the new facility, I do not visit the facility to meet with employees. 

The quantity of hustlers was far fewer than used to be found at Cafe Rudiger. 

Maybe some customers are not yet aware that Alte Lampe is the replacement facility for Cafe Rudiger, which might explain why the place was not as busy as Rudiger used to be.

I went there only twice after receiving the e-mail from the owner.  

I plan a return to Vienna in the Spring and I hope to visit the new facility again and also hope that the amount and quality of customers (hustlers) is better than it was a couple of weeks ago. 

Thanks @coriolis888 great and insightful report.  
Now I am looking to Vienna as possible stop :)

i will be in Barcelona for 3 weeks starting this weekend. And I am all in for Thermas in BCN, then I was planning to jump over Paragonya.

your  Vienna post picked  my curiosity since I’ve been a fan of streets Eastern European. 
I have only a question: any hotel/s recommendations where it may be strategic to the guys either in a bar or street? I am not picky. 

i started another thread but I think choosing either Zurich or Vienna from Barcelona will be more than enough.  
thanks 

Edited by Alfstoria

I'll be going to Europe next summer for my first time ever.

I'll be on holiday for 31 days.

5 nights Vienna, 7 nights gay charter river cruise roundtrip Vienna for Budapest pride, 2 nights Zurich, 2 nights Lucerne, 7 nights gay charter river cruise Basel to Amsterdam for Amsterdam pride, 2 more nights Amsterdam, 5 nights London, and 1 night lost in transit for those counting

Thank you so much to @coriolis888for pointing out these attractions in Vienna.  While in Vienna, I'll plan on one museum/palace per day, and one hustler per day.  Gotta pace myself and enjoy this holiday!

30 minutes ago, Alfstoria said:

Thanks @coriolis888 great and insightful repot.  
because of you now I am looking to Vienna as possible stop :)

i will be in Barcelona for 3 weeks starting this weekend. And I am for Thermas in BCN, then I was planning to jump over Paragonya since the exchange rate is doing so good for US $ and I haven’t been in EU in so long.  

your  Vienna post picked  my curiosity since I’ve been a fan of streets Eastern European. 
I have only a question: any hotel/s recommendations where it may be strategic to the guys either in a bar or street? I am not picky. 

i started another thread but I think choosing either Zurich or Vienna from Barcelona will be more than enough.  
thanks 

You said you will be in Barcelona beginning this weekend.  I agree, Thermas is a splendid and easy place for a hustler type pick up.  I know and like that sauna very well.  

The safety of a sauna is reassuring which only adds to the pleasure of being there.  

As to Paragonya, in Zurich, I have also been there many times.  It is "hit or miss"

sometimes.  Usually, the place is perfect for meeting handsome hustlers while sometimes the place is disappointing with only a few uninteresting hustlers.  The facility is super clean.  I would not hesitate to return there again.  

As to meeting street hustlers in Vienna, most of the guys know where the hourly hotels are located. 

Due to the likely language barrier of street hustlers and the possible danger of meeting someone from the street, I do not recommend taking a street hustler to your hotel.  As I just wrote, most of the street guys will know where hourly hotels are located.  Those hourly hotels are far safer than bringing a stranger to your hotel.  

I have on occasion taken a street guy to my hotel but it was a unique situation where the guy spoke one of the languages I know and we got along well in communication.  

Remember, it will soon be cold in Vienna.  There are very few street hustlers along the river bank when it is raining or snowing.  

You might want to check out the replacement hustler bar Cafe Alte Lampe which is discussed up thread along with the address.  There is also a note from the owner who stated that he and the other employees from the former (now closed) fun hustler bar called Cafe Rudiger. 

Have a great vacation.

1 hour ago, Vegas_nw1982 said:

While in Vienna, I'll plan on one museum/palace per day, and one hustler per day.  Gotta pace myself and enjoy this holiday!

One, of many museums in Vienna you must see, is the Belvedere.

So many fine pieces of art are housed there. 

There are also original Gustav Klimt paintings. 

He has (had) quite a history (Klimt). 

In addition to being an excellent painter, he had a charm with many ladies he was hired to paint.  No one knows for sure how many illegitimate children he had from the various ladies he was engaged to paint a portrait. 

Credible guesses range from eight to twenty children.  No one knows for sure how many.    

Three of his paintings were the subject of a Supreme Court case in the U.S. suing Austria over some technicality.  The U.S. won the case and the three painting in question were given to the heirs of one man who had engaged Klimt to paint his wife. 

One of the three paintings is now in New York on exhibit.  The painting was purchased after the court settlement by the son of Este Lauder, the famous cosmetic manufacturer.   

Several years ago, there was a movie made about the paintings.  The movie was called Woman in Gold, staring, Helen Mirren. 

Gustav Klimt Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer I reproduction oil painting on canvas, gold paint, made to order, 100%

The above photo is not in Vienna anymore.  The photo is now on exhibit in New York.  

Edited by coriolis888
add comment about Klimt painting

4 hours ago, Alfstoria said:

i will be in Barcelona for 3 weeks starting this weekend. And I am all in for Thermas in BCN, then I was planning to jump over Paragonya.

thanks 

You will want to check Paragonya social media eg FB. It is closed for reno but likely opens sometime in mid-November but not all days of week and there will be no spa features for some months, likely some shower capacity only. A reduced admission fee for the inconvenience, etc. 

4 minutes ago, SirBillybob said:

You will want to check Paragonya social media eg FB. It is closed for reno but likely opens sometime in mid-November but not all days of week and there will be no spa features for some months, likely some shower capacity only. A reduced admission fee for the inconvenience, etc. 

Good that you posted this information.  I had not heard about the closure.

Fortunately, I will be in another country while Paragonya is closed so I will not be affected by the closure.

https://www.paragonya.ch/en/

13 hours ago, Vegas_nw1982 said:

I'll be going to Europe next summer for my first time ever.

I'll be on holiday for 31 days.

5 nights Vienna, 7 nights gay charter river cruise roundtrip Vienna for Budapest pride, 2 nights Zurich, 2 nights Lucerne, 7 nights gay charter river cruise Basel to Amsterdam for Amsterdam pride, 2 more nights Amsterdam, 5 nights London, and 1 night lost in transit for those counting

Thank you so much to @coriolis888for pointing out these attractions in Vienna.  While in Vienna, I'll plan on one museum/palace per day, and one hustler per day.  Gotta pace myself and enjoy this holiday!

Sound like a great introduction to Europe.

10 hours ago, SirBillybob said:

thanks. I read the announcement, Paragonya  is closed until November 9 and then open in limited until Jan 2023 

wich is a shame. The plane tickets btwn  BCN and Zurich/ are reasonable and only an hour flight. 

i will make the decision once I am in Barcelona. I wish there was a directory for hustlers bars to have some alternatives. Since during the day I’ll be sightseeing but I looking to find someone for the evening. I usually prefer to meet guys in a social places since i love to have a drink while holding a hot guy. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/31/2022 at 2:38 PM, Alfstoria said:

thanks 

I just now saw your post.

You said you were considering Vienna after your trips to Spain and Switzerland.  

I do not want you to be disappointed if you travel to Vienna currently.

If I read your post correctly, you plan to be in Spain (Barcelona) three weeks then visit Zurich for Paragonya.  Your schedule will put you in Vienna in December

If you read my posts, in several places I mentioned that the hustler area of the park is only busy when the weather is good. 

In December, it will be cold, rainy or have snow.  If that is the case (likely), the park and river walk will be deserted or close to it. 

The Vienna park and river walk is only busy when the weather is decent. 

If you visit Vienna and if there are hustlers in the park (decent weather needed), the hustlers all know where the hourly hotels are located near the park.  

Timing is important for this kind of adventure.  

Gute Reise!

18 hours ago, coriolis888 said:

I just now saw your post.

You said you were considering Vienna after your trips to Spain and Switzerland.  

I do not want you to be disappointed if you travel to Vienna currently.

If I read your post correctly, you plan to be in Spain (Barcelona) three weeks then visit Zurich for Paragonya.  Your schedule will put you in Vienna in December

If you read my posts, in several places I mentioned that the hustler area of the park is only busy when the weather is good. 

In December, it will be cold, rainy or have snow.  If that is the case (likely), the park and river walk will be deserted or close to it. 

If you visit Vienna and if there are hustlers in the park (decent weather needed), the hustlers all know where the hourly hotels are located near the park.  

Timing is important for this kind of adventure.  

Gute Reise!

Thanks for the heads up. I ended up not going to Viena, I don’t think my body would have handled more men from 3 countries so stick to Barcelona and Zurich. 
I loved them both but I have to admit that Zurich is outstanding no only in quality and quantity of the boys but the way they treated me it was so nice and hot. 

I had a blast in Zurich and I already booked a trip for February. It may be cold but besides the hassle of the heavy coats I don’t mind when there are in the tourist low season. 

Edited by Alfstoria

1 hour ago, Alfstoria said:

I had a blast in Zurich and I already booked a trip for February. It may be cold but besides the hassle of the heavy coats I don’t mind when there are in the tourist low season. 

If you had a great time in Zurich recently, you would have had a greater time if you had been there when the nearby Carrousel Bar was still open.

Customers would alternate between Paragonya and Carrousel Bar. 

After Paragonya closed for the evening or was not busy, customers would migrate back and forth between Carrousel Bar and vice versa.   

Some problems arose at Carrousel that adversely affected Paragonya for a while. 

Carrousel is now permanently closed (sadly) but happily, the problem that caused the closure is no longer any issue.  

46 minutes ago, coriolis888 said:

If you had a great time in Zurich recently, you would have had a greater time if you had been there when the nearby Carrousel Bar was still open.

Customers would alternate between Paragonya and Carrousel Bar. 

After Paragonya closed for the evening or was not busy, customers would migrate back and forth between Carrousel Bar and vice versa.   

Some problems arose at Carrousel that adversely affected Paragonya for a while. 

Carrousel is now permanently closed (sadly) but happily, the problem that caused the closure is no longer any issue.  

Wow,  I wish Carrousel was open. it sounded perfect since after 7 pm Paragonya started to slowed down. 
I asked around ( providers and the Paragonya’s manager) if it was any other place to meet providers, but they said it was nothing else  

if any of you want me to be more specific about Paragonya or Thermas let me know I will be more than happy to share my experiences, remembering those wonderful guys from both places 

On 10/8/2022 at 11:22 AM, pubic_assistance said:

Interesting that they would end up in Vienna with no foreign language skills at all. So many young people I meet around the world know a little English now. It's taught in many of the better schools, as a default International Language and those from small villages who aren't taught in school will learn basic phrases through American Films.

Thank you. I've never met a Dutch person in the Netherlands or abroad under the age of 50 who didn't speak English as a second or third language besides a few other European ones (German or French...) besides of course their native Dutch. English has been taught in Western Europe in schools for decades now. In the east it's now taught instead of Russian, so many East Europeans don't speak much English, but this is changing among the younger generations. I have always found it difficult to find and meet locals/native working boys in the EU. Almost all seem to be immigrants. Some try and pass themselves off as locals and do speak whatever language is spoken wherever they may be. I like to sample the "local fare" when traveling and have always fond this frustrating about Europe.  

Edited by Danny-Darko

On 12/8/2022 at 7:21 AM, SEAmassageSeeker said:

So parks, saunas, and bars seem like a place to get some action. Are these places better than RM to find someone? Is there a different website perhaps?

Well, those are just the standard spots pretty much everywhere.

I'll do a second PSA for the group: go to Therme Wien on the weekend, and thank me later. Depending on how fit you are, you'll probably get some discreet and exciting action. If you don't, then at least you can feast your eyes on sexy naked men while enjoying great wellness facilities.

On 11/28/2022 at 1:41 AM, coriolis888 said:

I am curious - when the weather is bad do they migrate or congregate elsewhere?   (For example, when I was in Budapest many years ago, during the cold season the young men would move to the train station. They were generally ignored and did not bother anyone…you had to know where to look for them in a particular section of the station, but they were there.)

Edited by FrankR