THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Messy accommodation

arnemgreeves

On 9/23/2022 at 3:23 AM, DrownedBoy said:

One of my regulars thinks I'm nuts, that I won't hire him over unless my place is clean.

I'll have to show him this thread.

in my experience, it's a mixed bag. I'll admit I do judge if a place is messy. BUt then I've seen providers who do a good service, and the messiness of their place is immaterial. It may not even mean they're slovenly or "bad". It may just mean they have ADHD, maybe have kids or family who live there, or whatever reason. Maybe they're just renting the place and as it's not theirs they don't care that much. 

A friend of mine in his 80s has quite limited mobility, so sometimes his house is messy, dusty, some dirty dishes.  I always take out the trash on the way out.

Another friend of mine in his mid 90s has staff who keep his house spotless.  That's what I want someday :-)  But, for now,  I always keep my place clean, given that I sometimes have company.

I remember an overnight in the late '90s in Ontario, CA.  He was only 10 years older than I was at the time yet his apartment was a pigsty.  I remember finding that odd and off-putting given that like me he was a civil engineer and I associate that profession with precision and order. Additionally, he was sweet and fun and we had a great night.

Edited by Rod Hagen

I never have clutter or dishes visible or anything like that at my place. One client told me he was impressed by how clean my bathroom and toilet were.  Lol

I don't really care about a client's place as long as I'm not hot and sweaty in it, and I'm only going to bring home bedbugs or anything. I had some close calls before.

One client wanted to use his pillow on my table and he had actual bedbugs on it but he said they were weird bugs from the bouquet he bought from the florist. Never cared to see him again.

One client had me massage him in his basement room that he rented out to Airbnb. And I was intrigued that he had a whole plate of food lying face down on the floor. It was so gross. 

Another client lived in his office in a warehouse area, and although I could have been kidnapped and killed, I massaged him a few times in the most filthy horder office space I had ever seen, and he had a bed set up and right above the bed was hanging that sticky tape for flies, with a shitload of flies on it. Right above his bed!

But at the end of the day I don't care how messy a client's place is as long as it is air conditioned and has a parking spot nearby for me.  :)