THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Dental -- Waterpik Water Flosser

keefer
This topic is 876 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

About two years ago I replaced an old Phillips/sonic-care with a Waterpik (Water Flosser)...  I loved the old Philips, but when I couldn't find a replacement went with the Waterpik.   I've had it for two years and it's incredible, massive difference in oral hygiene, I just can't imagine not using it after brushing.    Have just returned from my first post-pandemic checkup, and three areas that were always of concern are no longer an issue...

Given I was so slow learning about this tool I'm wondering what recommendations others might have?? 

I cannot emphasize enough how much I love and recommend a waterpik! It was horrible how many cavities I seemed to get but since I got my flosser in December 2019 I have had zero! And the dentist always says how great my teeth are. I was shocked after flossing with regular floss and then using the waterpik to see how much more stuff would be coming out. It's a no brainer. Got mine at Kohl's on a black Friday sale and with a rebate it came to $40 maybe. So worth it to not be spending money and copays on cavities. Only thing I'd had to buy since is I bought a replacement flosser head set on Amazon a little while back as you're supposed to replace them every 6 months it says but I went way past that. 

They are great - dentists tend not to like them - they sort of dismiss them.  Using a water pik once daily works wonders for the health of your gums.  And I agree that they are not a substitute for flossing.  Occasionally, I get little sore spots.  I fill the water pik with warm salt water and irrigate the sore spot a couple times a day and it always goes away.