THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Has this ever happened to you?

Lucky
This topic is 8099 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Lucky,

This has never happened to me (yet) but I really feel she has a good case against Delta. According to the article:

"She said the agent took her to the bag on the tarmac and made her remove the toy and hold it up, according to the lawsuit filed Wednesday. Some passengers on the plane saw everything, and three male Delta employees "began laughing hysterically" and made "obnoxious and sexually harassing comments."

I don't think anyone should be subjected this kind of abuse and mockery. I wouldn't object to them removing her from the flight and not allowing her to travel until they could adequately search her luggage in private. Doing the search in public was insensitive and just plain wrong.

It's happened to me when an electric razor goes off because the bag has been manhandled enough. If airlines would stop using "toss underhand" as a guideline to handling baggage perhaps these electronic devices might stop turning themselves on.

She's got a valid complaint about privacy, but the airline can just as easliy use the 'we thought it was an electric razor' approach, I suppose.

Still, there is NO excuse for airline personnel openly laughing at her. None at all. That is indefensible.

The lesson here is to remove the batteries from the toys before you arrive at the airport.

In the early days after Sept. 11, I flew on a commuter aircraft from San Diego to LA. Although it was widely known (to me as well) that carry-on baggage was subject to hand search, I did not realize that with this particular carrier, checked baggage would also be hand searched (in a not-so-private area where other passengers also awaited their baggage to be screened).

So I packed my lube and condoms in a little plastic bag and stuck it in the bag I planned to check. Thank God I didn't pack any magazines or DVDs!

I just sat down and let them go through it, somewhat embarrassed that they'd see ALL those condoms, and my super-size bottle of ForPlay Lube de Luxe - but if they noticed, their expressions didn't change a bit. Guess they've seen it all.

I was very uncomfortable though having a family of four standing nearby, with the kids eagerly looking into open baggage from a few feet away.

Guest wndrwoman

Interesting story. I hope she wins the suit.

Since I fly practically every week, I've actually thought of packing a dildo in my carryon, just to embarrass those nosy fuckers.

Tina

>Since I fly practically every week, I've actually thought of

>packing a dildo in my carryon, just to embarrass those nosy

>fuckers.

Actually, Tina, don't pack ONE dildo. One they've seen. It'll go right through.

Pack four of them. I'm told it's a sure way to get a hand-inspection.

;-)

Will never forget the image of a woman probably in her 80's going through my carry on with her right hand, while she had 3 steel cockrings held up in the air on the fingers of her left hand.

(Hey, I was going to an adult webmaster conference!)

If you get there early enough and you're pleasant enough, they actually enjoy the kidding about what you're carrying.

Guest wndrwoman

>Actually, Tina, don't pack ONE dildo. One they've seen.

>It'll go right through.

>Pack four of them. I'm told it's a sure way to get a

>hand-inspection.

Good point, Deej.

>Will never forget the image of a woman probably in her 80's

>going through my carry on with her right hand, while she had

>3 steel cockrings held up in the air on the fingers of her

>left hand.

I want to be just like her when I grow up.

:p

On a more somber note, however, a security person going through my purse actually saw (I know she did) some contraband I had in a baggie that was BURIED in my wallet. I almost pissed on myself... But she never said a thing because they're looking for real weapons now days (at least they're trying to in their Keystone Cops way).:o

>On a more somber note, however, a security person going

>through my purse actually saw (I know she did) some

>contraband I had in a baggie that was BURIED in my wallet.

>I almost pissed on myself... But she never said a thing

>because they're looking for real weapons now days (at least

>they're trying to in their Keystone Cops way).:o

Keystone Cops is just about right. You and I will get cuticle scissors confiscated, and we're STILL seeing airports evacuated because of scares.

I flew O'Hare to LAX this week and imagine my surprise seeing on the evening news that LAX had been evacuated that afternoon.

Sorta puts the two-hour flight delay in perspective. They *said* it was mechanical issues, but who knows?

Oh, and the reason for the evacuation? Turns out a belt buckle looked like an explosive on the Xray machine.

On the return flight, there were probably 200 people lined up to go through the ONE Xray machine line on a Sunday night, and they were sending everyone's shoes through the machine which made the line move slower.

I wouldn't mind the new security focus if it was solving a problem, but it isn't. We're still evacuating airports on a regular basis because of belt buckles. x(

Funny law time: In Texas it is legal to own dildos but illegal to sell them. And if anyone owns more than six dildos (at least if you have them grouped in any way so that the authorities can say that they were on display) it is assumed that you own them with intent to sell. them.

Guest miketx

>Funny law time: In Texas it is legal to own dildos but

>illegal to sell them. And if anyone owns more than six

>dildos (at least if you have them grouped in any way so that

>the authorities can say that they were on display) it is

>assumed that you own them with intent to sell. them.

That is why on my recent trip out of state I had planned to purchase one that had some "personality" since locally they can't sell any that look realistic. However, I figured I would die of embarrasment if my luggage was searched so I didn't. I didn't know about the 6 dildo rule, that's funny. I wonder if buried in my sock drawer counts as grouping?

Mike

Fortunately, I had the opposite experience on a flight home from Montreal last winter.

A cute 30ish official asked me to open my suitcase. While I was unlocking, he interviewed me about the purpose of my visit. No, I wasn't there for business or skiing (THAT was a flattering question considering my age and nonathleticism). I said I was there just for a fun weekend.

The first thing this guy opened was the folder with my guides and magazines. He winked and said, "Oh, I see why you were here. Montreal is a fun city, isn't it. Thank you, sir." I closed my case and was on my way. :D

Dick

>Funny law time:

There's a hilarious e-mail that floats around from time to time about funny laws.

I think my favorite is: In Oklahoma (I think, maybe Nebraska?) it is illegal to get a fish drunk. Remember that! ;-)

I'm curious, though, does the "illegal to sell" rule apply to mail-order? I know the companies that sell this stuff have some areas they can't ship to.

The laws in this country dealing with "adult" material are anything but adult.

And, really, who's to say you're not buying that Jeff Stryker dildo as an object d'art? :+

Archived