THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Tomb of the Unknown Soldier Open to the Public For the First Time Since Truman Was President

WilliamM
This topic is 1061 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

People are encouraged to bring flowers. For now, Arlington National Cemetery Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is only open to the public for two day, tomorrow and Wednesday.   Just before Veterans Day

I am guessing it will be covered by C,-Span  starting early tomorrow morning. Harding was president 100 years ago when the tomb was established

actually, I'm not quite clear on this "reopening"......

what is being "reopened" that hasn't been open since Truman days?.....I ask because we did the tourist thing at the Tomb when I was a little kid and that was in the early 70s or so....I think there are pictures in the photo album or something.....I vaguely remember watching the changing of the guard from some sort of portico/covered outdoor  corridor/viewing area???.....

is it that the public can now walk right up to the Tomb block itself?.....or what?.....thanks