THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Better ways to plan/advertise in a city without specifics dates?

This topic is 997 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I know I might sound like a rookie just posting this. Especially considering I've been touring and traveling for years. 

However, I"m finding a new challenge lately, especially considering RentMen is different than the older Rentboy and Men4rent sites in how they allow us to post travels. Not necessarily in a "bad", just different. 

The biggest problem is: many clients see my ad in a city, and just assume I am there already before I actually arrive. And RentMen is so primitive that, if I have a travel city set for 10/15/2021...it'll move my entire ad to the city at 5 pm on 10/14/2021. Meanwhile, I may still be in the city I was in before the change. If I forget to check it, I may lose business and guys may think I'm in the next city over. 

The other issue is, because I'm forced to have dates to advertise in a location...I often estimate when I think I may be ready to arrive. And this is a big problem because I get clients complaining like, "you kept pushing the dates back". They may see I have arriving Friday on my ad, but I actually may not be getting in until Sunday by the time the week progresses. 

It can be hard to explain and convey the logistics behind it all, but theoretically, my travel dates are merely a "desired" time frame, with an optimistic proximity to those dates. Not an actual itinerary. When my finances, transportation, and serious client list all look good to go, then I'll make the trip. 

I appreciate guys being eager and expecting me to come to a city, but some like @BuffaloKyleare relatively patient and treat it like a family member aspiring to visit...whereas others seem to imply I'm inconveniencing them in some way, just because I move my travel dates back a couple days or couple of weeks. 

Edited by Jarrod_Uncut

I have seen on an ad before I believe a provider posting something like this:

Oct. 1 - Oct. 31: Buffalo, NY

Oct. 1 - Oct. 31: Pittsburgh, PA

Oct. 1 - Oct. 31: Cleveland, OH

So for instance you knew you were going to be visiting all those cities in October but not exactly when so that's one way you could do it and show up in that city for clients to see. And post in your ad text that exact dates are not set yet. 

5 hours ago, BuffaloKyle said:

I have seen on an ad before I believe a provider posting something like this:

Oct. 1 - Oct. 31: Buffalo, NY

Oct. 1 - Oct. 31: Pittsburgh, PA

Oct. 1 - Oct. 31: Cleveland, OH

So for instance you knew you were going to be visiting all those cities in October but not exactly when so that's one way you could do it and show up in that city for clients to see. And post in your ad text that exact dates are not set yet. 

Did it really have Buffalo, NY on that ad, or do you just want @Jarrod_Uncut to go to Buffalo? Lol.

4 hours ago, JoeMendoza said:

Did it really have Buffalo, NY on that ad, or do you just want @Jarrod_Uncut to go to Buffalo? Lol.

I’m curious but perhaps it’s both lol, but the problem with that now is: one can’t do that because it’ll say “travel dates overlapping” or something to that degree. And so it won’t update. 

it’s just quite annoying because how are we suppose to plan a trip in advance, without any sort of pre-booking? In addition, I usually only travel for the purpose of doing client appointments. I’m not there on business, or a convention, or conference, etc. etc like most clients are. So, before I plan a trip somewhere, I need to make sure it’s going to be worth my time and my money. So I don’t waste my time, and my money. I have no idea if that’s possible until I post and advertise, and gauge the productivity of the area. 

Edited by Jarrod_Uncut

13 hours ago, Jarrod_Uncut said:

I’m curious but perhaps it’s both lol, but the problem with that now is: one can’t do that because it’ll say “travel dates overlapping” or something to that degree. And so it won’t update. 

Oh ok. The only other suggestion is to do again an Oct. 1 - Oct. 31 in a city and put a bunch of others under the near travel heading and then put in your text will be in all these cities in Oct. 

Pick a city you think might work.

Book one night in hotel room. 

Post that city in your plans as 2 days only. You can stay longer if you get responses - use a new cover shot on profile to draw interest. 

Self employment comes with the burden of promotion, which sometimes  requires money up front. (A tank of gas and a hotel room…) If you don’t book anything this trip, maybe it will be better timing for the next. 

For sure there are details I haven’t thought through… 

There’s always a magic wand, but talk about pricey!