THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Time Square Men’s Spa TSMS

sessregny

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just saw Alven at TSMS and would NOT repeat. I went in because I’ve seen quite a few positive comments. I usually go to HK Spa. Alven starts the massage and right away asks if I want an HE in the first minutes, I said yes. He then massaged me and…. Tickled me… which was weird for about 15mins and then decides to lay out his tipping menu to me and if I want an HE it’s an $80 min tip on $60 service…. Now while I was prepared to tip this much and more, I cannot stand up selling and talking tips in the middle of the massage… this if at all should have been discussed before we started. I think he waited awhile incase I decided to leave and then he would have got nothing. Because I was not really attracted to him and didn’t know what his MT/HE would include I wasn’t going to commit to him what I would tip him, so I told him just do the massage and no HE. He then gets cold and clearly annoyed, as was I at this point. The rest of the massage was horrible… if you can even call it a massage… lots of foot rubbing and the same motions over and over in the same spots. He told me his minimum tip is $20 so that’s what I left him. When I left I told him and the other guy there I didn’t like the approach and was prepared to tip more than $80, but that other places to try and won’t be back. 

wasted an hour and $80. I’ve always gone to HK and should have Stuck to it… I’ve had 4 different people there and never felt so pressured to discuss tip during the massage. 

1 hour ago, Tycot10 said:

I just saw Alven at TSMS and would NOT repeat. I went in because I’ve seen quite a few positive comments. I usually go to HK Spa. Alven starts the massage and right away asks if I want an HE in the first minutes, I said yes. He then massaged me and…. Tickled me… which was weird for about 15mins and then decides to lay out his tipping menu to me and if I want an HE it’s an $80 min tip on $60 service…. Now while I was prepared to tip this much and more, I cannot stand up selling and talking tips in the middle of the massage… this if at all should have been discussed before we started. I think he waited awhile incase I decided to leave and then he would have got nothing. Because I was not really attracted to him and didn’t know what his MT/HE would include I wasn’t going to commit to him what I would tip him, so I told him just do the massage and no HE. He then gets cold and clearly annoyed, as was I at this point. The rest of the massage was horrible… if you can even call it a massage… lots of foot rubbing and the same motions over and over in the same spots. He told me his minimum tip is $20 so that’s what I left him. When I left I told him and the other guy there I didn’t like the approach and was prepared to tip more than $80, but that other places to try and won’t be back. 

wasted an hour and $80. I’ve always gone to HK and should have Stuck to it… I’ve had 4 different people there and never felt so pressured to discuss tip during the massage. 

Sorry you had to experience this BS! I have posted about this in several threads before, not necessarily with Alven, but others, and at other spas as well. It really infuriates me, there is NO excuse for doing this once a massage has started in my opinion, as it completely ruins the mood, relaxation, and means the masseur is not really into providing for YOU, only interested in upselling to make more money for himself. The management should be told off as well. And I'm with you, I haven't gone back to guys who have done that to me, and if I told management and they shrug their shoulders, I don't go back to that spa either, sorry, done.

1 hour ago, JUWS said:

Sorry you had to experience this BS! I have posted about this in several threads before, not necessarily with Alven, but others, and at other spas as well. It really infuriates me, there is NO excuse for doing this once a massage has started in my opinion, as it completely ruins the mood, relaxation, and means the masseur is not really into providing for YOU, only interested in upselling to make more money for himself. The management should be told off as well. And I'm with you, I haven't gone back to guys who have done that to me, and if I told management and they shrug their shoulders, I don't go back to that spa either, sorry, done.

Yeah same! I can somewhat understand that these people likely see all sorts who barely tip or try not to tip at all…. So I can understand somewhat that they want to feel they will be compensated…. But once we are off to the races and I’m zoned out and relaxed…. NOT the time 

14 hours ago, Tycot10 said:

Because I was not really attracted to him and didn’t know what his MT/HE would include I wasn’t going to commit to him what I would tip him, so I told him just do the massage and no HE. He then gets cold and clearly annoyed, as was I at this point. The rest of the massage was horrible… if you can even call it a massage… lots of foot rubbing and the same motions over and over in the same spots. He told me his minimum tip is $20 so that’s what I left him. When I left I told him and the other guy there I didn’t like the approach and was prepared to tip more than $80, but that other places to try and won’t be back. 

I think at that point even a 20% tip would have been generous. You should have tipped him $12 or less. 

I've also quit going to TSMS. The quality and service has dropped below a level I consider acceptable. If any service professional (waiter, barber, masseur) tried to demand a guaranteed tip or tried to set a minimum prior to service I'd just get up and walk out. Clear red flag this are going to go poorly.  It's not being "cheap" - it's simply not rewarding bad behavior.