THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Safe NYC Masseurs

Isik1476
This topic is 1425 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Has anyone had a session with an NYC-based masseur that felt notably safe with regard to COVID protocols? I know it's impossible to be 100% compliant, and that the very nature of a session is in fact risky, but I'm just curious. I miss touch so much and don't need anything that erotic, even, but I'd prefer a situation more intimate than a spa or salon in case it makes me cry! It's been so long!

Has anyone had a session with an NYC-based masseur that felt notably safe with regard to COVID protocols? I know it's impossible to be 100% compliant, and that the very nature of a session is in fact risky, but I'm just curious. I miss touch so much and don't need anything that erotic, even, but I'd prefer a situation more intimate than a spa or salon in case it makes me cry! It's been so long!

I can truly relate to how you feel. I was a regular of the massage circuit pre-COVID but have since put the brakes on. I have only given in on a few occasions since March. I think it is possible to be done as safely as possible if you and the masseur agree to follow a certain protocol. Masks for both you and the masseur, well ventilated room - open window and small fan blowing, if possible. Several hours spaced out between appointments. I prefer to be the first one of the day. As far as the table linens being clean and both of our hands freshly washed was a given pre-COVID. Some masseurs will require you to shower before the massage. I usually shower just prior to leaving my home and the massage is my first stop. I have only visited private masseurs but would have gone to selective spas previously. I feel the private masseur's apartment would most likely be less trafficked than a spa and he could offer a more controlled environment at this time. I have contacted a couple of masseurs and expressed my concerns and they were honest with me telling me that they didn't require masks and thought that i shouldn't be as concerned. I had to pass on them for now.