THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

2019 Oscars

Smurof
This topic is 2047 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was waiting for someone else to take this on, but I thought it was an interesting show. I tend to enjoy the nonsensical elements of what goes on, and I enjoyed in particular the backstage showing of the CORRECT envelopes being given to the presenters after the debacle of 2 years ago.

I hope this was a freak circumstance, but please find somebody to host the thing from next year on.

I feel bad for Spike Lee. He just picks lousy time frames for his impactful films.

I hope this was a freak circumstance, but please find somebody to host the thing from next year on.

I disagree. If anything, this telecast showed that there's absolutely no real need for a host. And notice that the whole thing STILL ran late.

As always, there were high points and low points, lol. The overall pacing felt slow a lot of the time. I don't think this broadcast was appreciably better or worse than any other year, IMO.

@Smurof - one of the oddest moments to me was when composer/pianist Marc Shaiman was at the piano while Bette Midler sang the "Mary Poppins Returns" song. A nice performance to be sure - but what was he doing there? I'm only aware of a little bit of very simple piano playing at the top of the song - but never one moment in the song where he was actually featured. It was like he was only there for the visuals - which makes no sense to me. If you're going to have a piano onstage (played by the composer of the song in question, to boot), why not give the guy a moment to shine? (Contrast that with the Lady Gaga/Bradley Cooper performance, for example - which for many reasons was a true highlight of the evening.)