THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Spa language lexicon

FrankR
This topic is 2241 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Reading the profiles of masseurs online, often leave me with questions. When they list a technique like ‘Canadian deep muscle’ - what does that mean? Did he make it up in the shower this morning or is it a real thing? There appears to be more techniques than flavors of Ben & Jerry’s. (Not necessarily a bad thing, I’m not complaining; I plan to sample them all!!) :D

Can anybody provide a link to a comprehensive list of techniques and a short description? Would like to expand my vocabulary! :)

Just beware of "tantric." It CAN be a legitimate type of massage, but in my experience, most masseurs who advertise tantric have no idea of what it is, and just say it because suckers will think it's super-erotic. Which I suppose it can be if you are fortunate enough to find a real practitioner of tantric massage.

Reading the profiles of masseurs online, often leave me with questions. When they list a technique like ‘Canadian deep muscle’ - what does that mean? Did he make it up in the shower this morning or is it a real thing? There appears to be more techniques than flavors of Ben & Jerry’s. (Not necessarily a bad thing, I’m not complaining; I plan to sample them all!!) :D

Can anybody provide a link to a comprehensive list of techniques and a short description? Would like to expand my vocabulary! :)

I always ask the masseur what he means when the ad lists a technique I have not heard of before.